Frequently Asked Questions
What has changed with the new site?
There have been many behind the scenes the site more stable and you user experience more enjoyable. Visually, there have been minor changes to the website layout, and menu. Below are the aspects that have changed:
- Favorites list has been changed to requisitions list
- The top menu bar has been condensed to a drop down menu
- Quick order can now handle multiple skus entered at the same time
- For your security credit card information will need to be re-entered on the site
What is Requisition List ?
The favorites list has now been moved to the requisitions list. The functionality is still the same, and you will be able to save your products of interest in the requisitions list, just as you had before with favorites.
The way we Sign-in ?
The New change with the upgrade is that going forward the customers will be able to login to their respective accounts from the particular website they are registered with. If the customers are registered with buylci they can sign in at our BuyLci website. If you are registered with the lcidistribution then you have to sign in at our LCI Distribution
How do I reset my password?
On the Sign-In page click “Forgot Your Password?” next to the Sign-In button. You will receive an email from the email address: email@example.com Please check your spam folder for this particular email. You may need to contact your networking team to ensure that this email address is white-listed to receive future emails.
What internet browsers are compatible with the new site?
Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox are the preferred browsers to be used when interacting with BUYLCI for optimal performance. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
- How do I add items to my requisitions list?
- Can anyone set up an account and order from this site?
- How do I set up an account?
- How do I place an order?
- When will my order be received?
- How much do you charge for shipping?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- What methods of payment do you accept
- What is your return policy?
- Will I be charged a sales tax?
- I can't find an item I'm looking for. Can you help me locate a product?
- Do you have retail locations?
- Do you Provide Level 3 Credit Processing?
- What is Level 3 Credit Processing?
- I had built a cart, and left the website. When I reopened the site my cart was lost. Why was my cart lost?
- What do I do when I receive an error after placing a quick order?
How do I add items to my requisitions list?
When clicking on an item, you will be prompted with the items information page. In the upper right hand side you will see a box with pricing, quantity, and an add to cart button. You will also see two small grey squares within the upper right of this box.
Can anyone set up an account and order from this site?
YES! Although many of our clients are government and military customers, anyone is welcome to place orders with us. However, our Base Supply Stores are only accessible to the military customers. You can also shop as a guest without setting up a formal account by clicking on the guest link to the left.
How do I set up an account?
If you'd like to set up an account with us or are tax-exempt, please fill out our Customer Registration form from our Registration section. If you have any questions please email us or call us TOLL FREE at 1-877-524-3478.
How do I place an order?
It's a quick and easy process. You can view the helpful Ordering Process page for an illustrated example.
When will my order be received?
Most orders placed Monday thru Friday before 2:00 p.m. within your own time zone will usually be delivered to you within 3-5 business days.
How much do you charge for shipping?
We charge $9.95 on all orders under $50 to all deliveries in the 48 contiguous states. For orders $50 and more, shipping is free at this time for deliveries to the 48 contiguous states and District of Columbia. For locations outside of the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia, specific freight cost quotes will be provided to the customer prior to order processing. Additionally, if you need LCI's items expedited overnight, shipping charges will be incurred. Please notate on your order that you need the products the next day.
Is there a minimum order amount?
No, there is no minimum order amount. However, orders that are less than $50 will be charged $9.95 for shipping and handling.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa and MasterCard as well as Government Purchase Cards (GPC).
What is your return policy?
Please refer to our policies page for information on returns, privacy, and security.
Will I be charged a sales tax?
You will be charged a state sales tax if your shipment will be delivered to any of the following states: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania or South Carolina. If you are exempt from paying state sales taxes (i.e. government customers), please sign up for an account through us and we will set you up as exempt.
I can't find an item I'm looking for. Can you help me locate a product?
If you can't find what you're looking for, contact us! You can reach us at (877) 524-3478 from 7:30am - 4:00pm EST, Monday through Friday! Our friendly customer service representatives have access to hundreds of thousands of products. We can find whatever you are looking for!
Do you have retail locations?
Our retail locations are limited to Base Supply Stores accessible only by military personnel. See our complete list of locations.
What is Level 3 Credit Processing?
Yes you can.
Level-3 (also known as Level III, Level 3, or Level-III) line-item detail is a data specification designed to support business-to-business and business-to-government credit card use. Level-3 line item detail provides specific purchase information such as Item Description, Quantity, Unit of Measure, Price, and more. This information is very useful to cardholding organizations to help streamline accounting and business practices and to merge payment data with electronic procurement systems.
LEVEL I (Consumer cards) is a standard credit card purchase transaction, and offers such information as:
- Supplier Name
- Total purchase amount
- Merchant Category Code
LEVEL II (Corporate cards) adds additional information about each purchase, including:
- Sales tax amount
- Customer code (a.k.a. accounting code)
LEVEL III (Procurement/Purchase cards) adds full line-item detail to the data in Level II, including:
- Product codes
- Product descriptions
- Ship to zip
- Freight amount
- Duty amount
I had built a cart, and left the website. When I reopened the site my cart was lost. Why was my cart lost?
Please be sure to build carts when signed into a user account. If you are not signed in to a user account your cart is at risk for being lost. If you do not already have a user account you can create one here
What is new with BUYLCI?
- IRIS and chat features – we now have a chat feature which allows customers to submit forms to IRIS, who is going to try and help you to find any item you are looking for, which you cannot find currently on BUYLCI
- New Search – We now have a new smart site search, which is not only more accurate, but: faster, offers recommendations, images, and shows popular products.
- Faster site – site speed will constantly evolve, however, we have implemented extensive fixes and implementations to our website in order to bring faster loading times to our customers.
- More item information – we have loaded a vast majority of our catalog with updated item information in order to better serve you in your purchase process.
- Saved cart – you can now completely customize your carts for future use and save them.
- New customer dashboard – loaded with customer friendly features to help you keep track of personal information, payments, products, and orders.
- Full order history – You now have 100% access to 12 months order history.
- Complete order tracking – full tracking of your order from placement to delivery. Direct links to your carriers, and automated email notifications sent right to your inbox.
- Customer membership program – You have a log-in? You are a member! Price matching, discounts, new product emails, and more!
- Live order email notifications – automated emails for orders on every step of the tracking process.
I am registering for an account on BUYLCI but should not be charged tax. How can this be set-up?
When you are signing up for BUYLCI you are presented with a dropdown menu for tax exempt. Please select yes and place the required legal documentation that supports this in the upload field.
I am being charged taxes, but I am not supposed to be. How do I get this resolved?
If you are an existing customer and are being charged taxes, and should not be, please reach out to our us at firstname.lastname@example.org and have the proper legal documentation prepared that depicts your tax exempt status.